In Other Words. . .

A sanctuary for thinking people.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Viewfinder: California


I'm from the east coast, so traveling to LA was an experience, to say the least. It's hard to believe that such strange landscapes are just another part of this huge country that I know so well for its green forests and hills of the east. I still don't have a real sense of the distance since I flew, but the batty luxury of Hollywood came to life quickly. I never found a really quiet place during my visit. Even in the wilderness by the shore, the waves create a sound like highway traffic in the distance. I don't really know whether I could live there. (Thinking about having to choose a permanent residence at all gives me a claustrophobic feeling.)

So there it is: the paradiso of America. No wonder Californians are more relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment